**APPLICATION CHEMIST POSITION**
Strahl & Pitsch Inc., a globally recognized manufacturer of natural and specialty waxes for the cosmetic and personal care industry is seeking an experienced application chemist to formulate and create finished color cosmetic and personal care products supporting clients, marketing, sales presentations and industry related trade events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate a wide variety of new cosmetic formulas, showcasing Strahl & Pitsch waxes and esters.
- Prepare prototype formulations and maintain ingredient and finished product inventory.
- Ability to troubleshoot formulations and reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- Assist in new wax product development.
- Ability to work creatively with clients to formulate new products.
- Interface with Laboratory Management and Quality Control.
- Attend trade exhibitions and participate in client meetings.
Suitable candidates must be self motivated and capable of working with limited supervision. Candidate must be comfortable handling multiple new projects in parallel. Candidate will be expected to provide support in product development, as well as technical support to the organization. Should be able to research and formulate new products as directed by the management team. Experience in Personal Care and Cosmetic industry required. Confectionary and Pharmaceutical experience a plus. Must have intimate knowledge of current and relevant product safety guidelines, global cosmetic regulations, ingredients and sourcing.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry or related science preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of formulation experience in color cosmetics, skin and hair care.
- Knowledge of cosmetic/ personal care raw materials specifically Waxes, Oils, and Fats.
Interested candidates should email resume with salary requirements.